By Adrian | June 8, 2022
Wow, its been a while….. 681 days since my last post. What the hell happened? I’ve been slack. I’ve wanted to keep up the blogging and documenting cool open source stuff but its been a hectic few years. You know, pandemic and such. So heres a little recap of my life since the last post.
- Kept up the routine of my 12Km New Years hike up a mountain (twice)
- Sold my house just before the COVID-19 pandemic went into full swing and Melbourne got locked down for what seemed like an eternity
- Moved house
- Bought a block of land
- Designed a floorplan for a new house
- Had said house built
- Moved house again
- Worked a few security incidents at work
- Learnt a lot about Splunk Phantom and SOAR
- Started building a new homelab
- Built a NAS using a few ODROIDS, and glusterfs
- Played around a fair bit with Home Assistant, ESP32 devices and Grafana
Doesnt seem like a lot to squeeze in during that time. Looking back, I have no idea where the time went and I haven’t nearly done enough stuff with Open Source Security tools, or TheHive during this time.
While I started to draft up a few entries, I just never seemed to finish or polish them off and now i’m almost certain they are outdated.
Hoping this little update can give me the inspiration, I mean the kick in the pants to get into things again.
Stay tuned. Hopefully it wont be another 681 days.