In my last post, I covered how I went about upgrading TheHive from 3.4 to 3.5RC1 along with a double upgrade of Elasticsearch. Well now its Cortex’s time. Cortex 3.1.0 also uses Elasticsearch 7.8 so we are in for a similar upgrade process. Depending on your reliance on Cortex it may be a nice addition to TheHive that is rarely used, or it may be critical to your operation. Either way, getting to the latest version is desirable as there are always welcome bug fixes and improvements with error handling, reporting and general integration.
Well this one was a bit of a learning experience for me. You see I have dabbled in the past with Traefik which seems to fit naturally when it comes to reverse proxy and Docker, but my efforts have come up short in the past through no fault but my own. Perhaps it was the fact I was trying to run before I could even crawl. Not to worry though.
Well what a write off of a year so far. Over the Xmas break, I wasn’t able to get in as many hikes as I would like due to the terrible fires we have had over the last few months. Given the air quality has been rated as hazardous, I’ve erred on the side of caution, not wanting to fill my lungs with it. I was however able to write up the 3 that I did.